Friday, October 23, 2015

This is a story about a friend.

This is a story about a friend. 

I met her for the first time in a crowded welcoming party in of new Indonesian students (or other occasion I am not sure haha). What I can recall is we were queueing food and started to introduce ourselves to each other. 

I did not notice her until we met again in a fine afternoon in our friend’s house in Belconnen. And we were happened to meet each other in a weekly meeting with other girls. 

We started to hang out together. Having dinner, going places and taking pictures with our cameras. And of course, we started to talk. 

I cannot tell you what topics we discussed (or we were fought about). Because they were just too many. 

What I can tell you is that I have learned so much from her. 

I have learned that whatever you do, a bad human can be good suddenly, or vice versa, a good human can be bad. Or both at the same time. The point is, don’t judge. Who the heck are we judging somebody? 

I have learned that problems should be solved. Haha. This is silly but for some reasons, I sometimes consider that problems are better left unresolved. But no. Some recent events showed me that there’s no point of letting problems because it will grow, and yes, get worse. When I realise, the problems became so complicated. 

I have learned that human should try their best, whatever it takes. Always remember Surah Al Baqarah: 286 "Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity.” Therefore, dont lose hope. 

It seems like the things that I learned were just simple ones. But yes, because they were simple then we (read: I) tend to forget. And surrounded by a good friend like her was a blessing that I should not have taken for granted.

I know I will leave Canberra soon and definitiely will leave her too. But we have technology now. And insya Allah will see her again in my hometown, which also her hometown :D 

So here she is :D


1 comment: