Friday, October 9, 2015

Random Conversation



















I have just arrived at the dorm and tired. Then suddenly got this message on my Facebook. The question came from someone who assisted me on a short research in outside Java and, in fact, we did not talk much afterwards. Nor shared our life stories. Then why would this person feel the urge to ask about my reproduction? After the last sentence that appears above, I politely repeated my answer "Belum, Kak", and I did not get any respond. It means this person contacted me randomly and did not really want to talk to me. And she unfortunately also chose a wrong question for a random conversation. 

Do you think you want to talk about that topic in a sudden conversation? Why would this person think I am going to share my stories in this kind of random way? 


You may think that I am too sensitive. But seriously guys, this person needs to learn to ask better questions. I have been asked about my payment. About when we get married. And now about my pregnancy. In the most random way. Not only by this person. But also by the people who are not even in my second circle of life. Hmmm, or maybe I should replace the "I" into "we"? Or maybe we were the ones who ask other people -who are not even in our second circle -randomly? 

Yes may be Indonesians are such religious people; therefore their questions could be defined as prayers. But if you are really such a religious person, you should have known that the best prayers are the ones that untold to the person who you are prayed for.

Dini is feeling meh.  

1 comment: